- 350g 70% dark chocolate
- 45g butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 80g cornflour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- 100g dark chocolate chips – Optional
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place dark chocolate and butter in a bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir to melt and combine. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat until light and fluffy. Add cooled chocolate butter mixture and mix until well combined
- Spoon Tblsn of mixture onto baking trays lined with baking paper.
- Optional – Dot the top of the cookies with the dark chocolate chips, pressing gently into the dough.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Stolen from Harry Foster – Aussie MasterChef