- 1kg zucchini, washed and chopped into 2cm pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 60ml olive oil
- 500ml chicken stock
- 150ml cream
- 100g parmesan, fine grated
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Ciabatta – for toast
- EVOO – for drizzle
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy-based pot over a medium heat – add zucchini and garlic and saute for about 15 to 20 minutes. Cook until zucchini is soft.
- Add chicken stock – bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and liquidize until smooth – I use a wand.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot, along with the herbs, cream and parmesan.
- Bring soup back to the boil, season
- Serve immediately with some toasted ciabatta and a drizzle of EVOO
Serves 4 pax
Stolen from – Riverstone Kitchen, Oamaru