- 45g butter
- 60g demerara sugar
- 60g candied peel, chopped
- 45g dried cranberries or sour cherries, roughly chopped
- 45g soft dried figs, roughly chopped
- 20g pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
- 60g slivered blanched almonds
- 15g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbspn double cream
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- Heat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and sugar together in a pan over a medium heat until combined.
- Put the fruit and nuts in a bowl, sift over the flour and toss together until the flour is evenly distributed.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the salt and cream, then stir into the fruit and nuts.
- Dollop rounded tspn of the mixture on to the baking trays and flatten out using another sheet of parchment paper over and a rolling pin – try to make them even round shape without holes.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until golden brown all over – then leave to cool on the tray.
- When cool – coat back with melted chocolate