- 150g Wholemeal flour (I use – Ceres Organics Wholemeal Spelt Flour)
- 150g Wholegrain Rolled Oats (I use – Ceres Organics Wholegrain steel-cut Oats)
- 1 ½ tspn Salt
- 100g Sunflower seeds
- 50g Sesame seeds
- 50g Linseeds or Flaxseeds
- 30g Pumpkin seeds – Optional
- 250 mil water
- Flavours – Onion, Parmesan, Garlic, Cumin, Fennel, Caraway, Chilli – see below
- Salt flakes (I use – Murray River Pink Salt)
- Heat oven to 130C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl – add the water and mix well. It should be the consistency of porridge.
- Put approx 1/4 (about 200 g) of the mixture in a separate bowl – add the flavoring of you choice and mix well.
- Using 2 sheets of baking parchment paper – roll out to approx 1.5 mm thick. Remove the top paper (you can reuse the removed top sheet for the next roll-out).
- Sprinkle with salt flakes
- Place the dough slab (on it’s paper) on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut into pieces/shapes as desired & place upside-down back on the paper lined baking tray
- Bake for another 3/4 to 1 hour until they are golden and crisp – Note: you may need to remove any thin ones after about 1/2 an hour if they look cooked already
Flavour added per 200g of wet dough
- Onion Crackers – upto 50 g Fried Shallots (available in the Asian section) plus unto 1 tspn onion powder
- Cheese Crackers – approx 50 g Parmesan “Dust” (very fine grated) plus a light sprinkle of Parmesan “Dust” on top
- Garlic Crackers – upto 1 tspn Garlic powder
- Cumin Crackers – upto 1 Tblsn Cumin Seeds
- Fennel Crackers – upto 1 Tblsn Fennel Seeds
- Caraway Crackers – upto 1 Tblsn Caraway Seeds
- Chilli Crackers – upto 1 tspn dried Chilli flakes or upto 2 Tblsn Korean Chilli flakes
- Poppy Crackers – upto 1 Tblsn Poppy Seeds