- Fresh salmon 1 whole side (about 1.5kg)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped medium-course
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2-3 Tblsn thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, fine grated zest only
- 1 orange, fine grated zest only
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Salt & pepper
Garnish to serve
- 2-3 Tbspn Parsley, chopped
- 2-3 Tbspn dried cranberries
- 1-2 small lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 200°. Line a large baking or oven tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix panko breadcrumbs, cranberries, almonds, pine nuts, parsley, thyme and lemon and orange zest together. Stir in melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels and remove any remaining pin bones. Place salmon on prepared tray, skin-side-down. Season well with salt and sprinkle crust mixture evenly on top, pressing down gently to adhere. Drizzle over a little more melted butter.
- Place on a shelf in the middle of the oven, and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through and crust is golden.
- Garnish with more chopped cranberries and parsley for colour. Serve with lemon wedges
Stolen from Nadia Lim – Xmas 2016