- 2 Tblsn maple syrup
- 2 Tblsn lemon juice
- 1 Tblsn wholegrain mustard
- 2 tspn olive oil
- 500-600g salmon fillet, thick end, skin off
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- wooden skewers
- 2 large oranges, peeled (with knife)
- 4 or 5 small (or 2 medium) fennel bulb, fronds reserved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 good handfuls salad leaves
- 1 cup thick plain yoghurt
- 1 crisp apple, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- pinch chilli flakes
- sea salt and ground pepper
- Whisk the maple syrup, lemon juice, mustard and the oil together in a medium bowl.
- Cut the salmon into bite-sized chunks and toss through the marinade. Thread on to skewers and season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Cook on a hot grill plate until golden and just cooked through.
- Shave the fennel cross-wise with mandolin- “blanch” ice water. Drain
- Halve the oranges and slice thinly.
- Toss the oranges slices, fennel, onion & salad leaves
- combine the yoghurt, grated apple, garlic & chilli flakes – season with salt & pepper
- Divide salad between serving bowls.
- Top with the salmon skewers and spoon over any remaining maple syrup marinade.
- Add dollops of the dressing and the fennel fronds