- 150 g Wholemeal flour (I use – Ceres Organics Wholemeal Spelt Flour)
- 150 g Wholegrain Rolled Oats (I use – Ceres Organics Wholegrain steel-cut Oats)
- 1 ½ tspn Salt
- 100 g Sunflower seeds
- 50 g Sesame seeds
- 50 g Linseeds or Flaxseeds
- 30 g Pumpkin seeds – Optional
- 250 mil water
- Flavours – Onion, Parmesan, Garlic, Cumin, Chilli
- Salt flakes (I use – Murray River Pink)
- Heat oven to 130C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl – add the water and mix well. It should be the consistency of porridge.
- Put approx 1/4 (about 200 g) of the mixture in a separate bowl – add the flavoring of you choice and mix well.
- Using 2 sheets of baking parchment paper – roll out to approx 1.5 mm thick. Remove the top paper (reuse for the next lot).
- Place the dough slab (on it’s paper) on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut into pieces/shapes as desired & place upside-down back on the paper lined baking tray
- Bake for another 3/4 to 1 hour until they are golden and crisp – Note: you may need to remove any thin ones after about 1/2 an hour
- Flavour added per 200 g of wet dough
- 30 – 40 g Fried Shallots (available in the Asian section)
- 50 g fine grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tspn Garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 tspn Cumin
- 1/2 tspn dried Chilli flakes