- 1 cob fresh sweet corn with outer husks removed, top “fur” cut off & inner 2 or 3 layers of husks left on
- 2 cob fresh sweet corn, husks all removed and cleaned. Remove kernels & pulp with a cheese grater.
- 2 or 3 shallots, fine sliced
- 1 or 2 spring onion, fine sliced
- 1/2 handful of fresh green herbs – parsley, chives, micro greens, etc, medium-fine chopped
- 1 small red chilli, fine chopped
- 1/4 cup whole almonds, fried in butter till golden brown, cooled & rough chopped
- 2 Tblspn extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tblspn white wine vinegar
- 30g butter
- 200 ml full fat milk – or 1/2 cream
- Fresh ground pepper
- Cook corn cob over a BBQ or grill plate until charred.
- Remove husks and discard.
- Cut kernels from cob and place in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan, add grated corn and cook, stirring for 3-5 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and 200ml milk & bring to the boil. Simmer gently, stirring often for about 12 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Blend in a bar blender until smooth
- To the charred corn kernels add shallots, spring onion, fresh green herbs (parsley, chives, micro greens, etc) red chilli, chopped almonds – gently toss
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil & white wine vinegar and season with salt & pepper – gently toss
- Add the warm (not to hot) corn purée – gently toss to combine
Inspired by George Calombaris Masterchef “4 Textures of Corn”