- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tbsn butter
- 1 tspn flaky salt
- Heat milk over medium heat to 80° (until tiny bubbles form around edge) – do not boil.
- Whisk egg yolks in a bowl
- Gradually add half of hot milk to yolks – stir constantly.
- Return yolk mixture to pan
- Combine sugar, cream and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat stirring until sugar melts – bring to boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat – stir in salt
- Gradually add caramel mixture to yolk mixture – stir constantly
- Return pan to low heat – cook until reaches 70° – stir regularly
- Chill until completely cooled – stir occasionally
- Churn in ice cream maker for 10 – 15 minutes
- Makes approx 1 1/2 cups – serve 2 people