- 2 x double duck breasts – skin removed and fat trimmed off
- 1 tspn ground ginger
- 1 tspn white pepper
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- 1 tspn nutmeg
- 1 tspn onion powder
- 1 tspn Chinise 5 Spice
- 1/4 tspn ground cloves
- 4 tbspn soy sauce
- 2 tbspn honey
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- Ice Berg lettuce leaves – prepared as “wrap shells”
- Spring onion, slices as soldiers or long rounds
- Cucumber , chopped into soldiers
- Hoisin sauce
- Mix the marinade in the mixing bowl – Coat the duck breasts with the marinade & leave for at least 2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the breasts in a hot fry pan skin-side-down. Cover and allow the breasts to brown in the pan for about 5 minutes. Turn the breasts and cook for five more minutes.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven. Roast the duck for approximately 15 to 20 minutes if you prefer it to be cooked more on the well done side.
- Lay out individual plates of sliced duck, lettuce leaves, spring onion, cucumber & Hoisin sauce
- Grab a lettuce leaf – slop on some Hoisin sauce, duck slices, spring onion, & cucumber – roll up and eat
- 2 x double duck breasts – enough for 4 people
Hoisin Sauce – Gluten Free
- 1/4 cup light gluten free soy sauce
- [2 Tblsn smooth peanut butter – maybe try less]
- 1 Tblsn honey
- 2 tspn rice vinegar
- 2 tspn sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/8 tspn black pepper
- 1 tspn miso paste (OR 1 tspn Thai chili sauce & 1/4 tspn five spice powder)
- Put all stuff into a food processor – blend until combined & smooth.
- about ½ a cup