- 100g smoked Groper roe (or any roe will do)
- 2 thick slices stale (preferably white) bread, crusts cut off
- enough milk to soak the bread in (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil (more if needed)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (more if needed)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the bread in the milk for a couple of minutes until it’s a little soft – squeeze the liquid out.
- Put the roe, bread & garlic in a blender – blend well. Trickle in the olive oil with the blender running
- Add the lemon juice in the same way- checking the taste when you’ve added half.