- 250 g Spaghetti (or whatever pasta you want)
- 1 tsn butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped – alternative onion or leek (white only)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5-6 rashers streaky bacon, diced small
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml single cream
- 40 g Parmesan, finely grated
- Cook the pasta following the packet instructions.
- Heat a knob of butter in a small frying pan and cook the shallot, garlic and bacon for 5-7 minutes until golden.
- Beat together the eggs, cream, most of the Parmesan and plenty of ground black pepper.
- Drain the spaghetti and return to the pot – off the heat.
- Add the shallot, garlic and bacon – stir quickly
- Add the egg, cream and cheese mixture and toss together until the pasta is evenly coated.
Divide between two bowls then scatter Parmesan over, with a grinding of black pepper to serve