- 4 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- ½ cup olive oil (not Extra virgin)
- 1 onion, chopped medium-fine
- 1 carrot, chopped medium-fine
- 1 tomato, chopped medium fine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 fish head (Alternative : fish bones or basic fish fillets)
- 12 clams
- 500 g shrimps
- 1 cup white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-large sauce pan – water, bay leaves, fish heads and clams. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add Shrimps and simmer another 5 minutes
- In large frying pan – onion, carrot and tomato. Sauté until onion is translucent. Add wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour veges-wine into large pot.
- Strain fish head broth and add to pot. Add rice. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the clams – set aside
- Shell the shrimps – set aside
- Remove flesh from fish head – set aside
- Salt and pepper the broth to taste
- Add back the clams, shelled shrimp and fish flesh
- Wide soup bowls – bread for soaking up
- Serves 4