- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup (125g) white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (250g) Gluten Free flour – I use Orgran all purpose plain flour)
- 1 tspn Gluten Free baking powder
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 120g butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 300g sweetened condensed milk – preferably “lite”
- 4 tblspns fresh lemon juice
- White Chocolate
- Milk Chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg and beat well. Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt to form a well-kneaded dough. On a smooth floured surface roll out and cut circles to line the cups of a cupcake papers and place in muffin tray.
- Prick the bottoms of the tart cases with a fork a couple of times each & weigh down with ceramic balls
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Let them cool entirely on a cake rack before adding the filling.
- Soften the butter and mix in icing sugar, condensed milk and lemon juice. Fill the tart cases with this mixture and allow it to set. Chilling helps.
- “ice” with melted chocolate – ½ white & ½ milk
- 20 tarts
- Chocolate cases – replace 2 tblspns flour with 4 tblspns cocoa powder
- Ice with coloured butter icing rather than chocolate